Updated October 10, 2019
The South Carolina EPSCoR Program will ensure the compliance with state travel regulations as it pertains to reimbursement of Phase-0 grantees and SAN grantees. All travel expenses should be reasonable and reflect a prudent decision to incur the expense on behalf of the funded project.
Avoid expenses that are not necessary for successful project completion. All travelers are expected to exercise discretion with travel expenditures for air travels, hotel accommodations and ground transportation.
The daily per diem rate is $35.00 per day for in-state travel and $50.00 per day for out-of-state travel. The details are listed below:
|Time of Departure||Time of Return||Meal||In-State||Out of State|
|Before 6:30 am||After 11 am||Breakfast||$ 8.00||$ 10.00|
|Before 11 am||After 1:30 pm||Lunch||$ 10.00||$ 15.00|
|Before 5:15 pm||After 8:30 pm||Dinner||$ 17.00||$ 25.00|
- $0.54 per mile
- To receive reimbursement, travel must be at least 10 miles one way from home or business. (Minimum of 20 miles roundtrip)
- Purpose of trip must be indicated in reimbursement request and must relate to the current project.
- Lodging will be reimbursed at actual cost up to $300.00 per night including hotel room and taxes. However moderately priced accommodations should be selected when a moderately priced choice is available. Personal expenses including movies, bar bills, laundry, room service, etc. are not allowable.
Receipts are required for the following expenses:
- Parking fees, tolls, taxi, and ridesharing services including reasonable tips and gratuities are allowable costs. Ridesharing is a service that arranges one-time shared rides on very short notice (ex. Uber, Lyft, Sidecar, etc.). Travelers need to be aware that there is no guarantee of safety when using rideshare services.
- Rental cars should be used only when other means of transportation are not conveniently available or are more expensive.
- Flights must be coach or comparable class.
SC EPSCoR Contact
Denise White, MOL