South Carolina EPSCoR is very excited about the upcoming 2022 NSF EPSCoR Education, Outreach, and Diversity (EOD) Conference that will be held September 11-14, 2022 at the Wild Dunes Resort in Isle of Palms, South Carolina. We have conference additions that we want to share with you.
- NSF launched the Directorate for Technology, Innovation, and Partnerships (TIP) this calendar year. Dr. Rebecca Shearman, NSF Program Director, will be speaking at the conference about the new TIP Directorate.
- Dr. Sandra Cruz-Pol, NSF ERC Program Director, of the Engineering Directorate will be speaking about Engineering Research Center initiatives.
- Dr. Alicia Knoedler, Office Head, of the Office of Integrative Activities will be speaking about a new NSF initiative titled NSF GRANTED.
- Erika Check Hayden, Science Journalist, Assistant Teaching Professor, and Director of Science Communication Program at the University of California, Santa Cruz; has been added to the conference speaker lineup. Check Hayden has written for publications including the New York Times Book Review, WIRED, National Geographic, Nature, STAT, MIT Technology Review and Undark. She worked from San Francisco for the news section of Nature from 2001 through 2016, reporting on biomedical research, emerging technologies, scientific trends, and ethics in science. Check Hayden will be speaking on Training Students to Communicate with Diverse Audiences.
- Dr. Bert Ely, Professor in the Department of Biological Sciences, of the University of South Carolina has been added to the conference speaker lineup. Dr. Ely will be speaking about Making a Difference, One Student at a Time.
Please continue to visit our conference website, www.nsfepscoreod2022.org, for more information on the conference schedule, speakers, and sessions.
Poster Presentations at 2022 NSF EPSCoR EOD Conference
The 2022 NSF EPSCoR EOD Conference will feature Poster Presentations in the following areas:
- STEM Education
- Science Communication
- Broad EOD
- EPSCoR RII Track-1 Funded Research
Poster Presentations are scheduled for Monday, September 12, 2022 and Tuesday, September 13, 2022.
Conference Registration Extension
The deadline for conference registration has been extended to Friday, September 2, 2022. To register for the conference, click https://nsfepscoreod2022.org/register/